New school day from September 2017
From Monday 4th September 2017, the school day will change slightly.
This change is in response to ongoing improvements that we are making at Kingsbury School to enhance the provision for our students. The structure outlined above will enable us to:
- Extend our catering space into the school hall, thereby enhancing the lunchtime experience for students;
- Provide lunchtime enrichment and extra-curricular activities;
- Enhance our tutor time provision by continuing to deliver and enhance our Character Matters and Aspire programme for 20 minutes every morning;
- Provide student-tutor interaction every morning so that students can start the day positively and prepared;
- Start every afternoon with formal reading time in order to boost literacy skills and provide an opportunity for our students to engage with literature;
- Reduce the amount of time that many students spend waiting for school transport at the end of the day.
The slight extension to the school day will not impede on school transport because bus departure times are after 3:10pm.
We are happy to receive any comments related to the proposed changes via the school website.
The day will look as follows;
|8:35-8:55||Character Matters (tutor time)|