Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency
Studied for one year over six periods
The Foundation Learning Programme is a very flexible course that will allow pupils to work to their preferred learning styles, at their own pace. It has been designed to be started in school and then continued in college after Y11.
This course will suit pupils who sometimes need support but enjoy varied, active learning.
What pupils will enjoy about this course:
- Working with a range of different teachers
- Learning at a level you are confident with
- Learning in a relaxed and flexible atmosphere
- Visiting other schools, colleges and work places
- Making choices about what you study and experience
Core Units include:
Literacy, numeracy, life skills, personal development, career preparation and education, healthy living and ICT
Optional Units may include:
Business, customer service, construction, horticulture, music, performance, car care, textiles, outdoor pursuits, enterprise activities.
Benefits of this course:
- Bite sized learning at different levels and on a wide range of topics
- Develops learner skills and knowledge by building on personal strengths
- Offers learners a wider, more engaging and personalised curriculum choice
- Provides alternative options for a wide range of learners
- Offers very flexible ways of learning
- Enables learners to gain taster knowledge of college and work contexts
- Qualifications can be started at school and continued at college