Teaching Staff: Mrs S Storey, Mrs P Sadler
Examination Board: WJEC/CBAC Syllabus Codes 4741 and 4742
Single Award HOSPITALITY GCSE
This course will be studied in 1 year over 6 periods
Unit 3 Event Based Task - 60% Unit 4 Written Paper - 40%
1. The Event Based Tasks are set by the examination board
2. Candidates complete an individual portfolio
3. All the work is to be done in school
4. It is work that is done under supervision
5. It will change each year
6. The portfolio will take no more than 45 hours to complete
- A course in Hospitality and Catering offers a unique opportunity in the curriculum for candidates to develop their knowledge and extend their skills in a vocational context.
- It will provide opportunities to develop candidates’ interdisciplinary skills, a range of key skills and their capacity for imaginative, innovative thinking, creativity and independence.
- It is a suitable qualification for those who want a broad background in this area and for those who wish to progress to further education. It will offer valuable preparation for those entering the world of work.
- The specification encourages the investigation and study of hospitality in a variety of contexts. In these contexts the candidates are given opportunities to acquire competence, capability and critical skills through the creation, implementation, use and evaluation of a range of resources.
Candidates from all cultures and both genders can develop their interest in, enjoyment of and critical reflection about this vocational area. The specification uses a range of assessment techniques to enable the candidate to respond through practical and investigative work.
If you are thinking of taking Hospitality please consider:
1. If you enjoy cooking and practical work.
2. If you are able to provide ingredients on a regular basis.
3. You are self motivated and can work well independently or in a group.
4. You can work to deadlines.
MOST OF ALL CHOOSE THIS BECAUSE YOU WILL ENJOY IT!